Monday, April 28, 2014

More Focus to My Journey


This week-end I went to Tirana, the capitol of Albania and the largest city with a population of about 800,000.   It is also the most modern city. People often say that if you really want to understand Albania you have to go outside Tirana.  Librazhd is far from Tirana in many ways.

 I went to Tirana to attend a conference organized by the English Language Teachers Association (ELTA).  In fact, I was recruited to facilitate a round table discussion about English for Business which is a branch of ESP. (English for Special Purposes).  That will be my primary focus while I am here.  This Friday I will find out about the city where I will be based.  I hope it is Tirana, but it will certainly be in another large city where there is a university where I will teach.

Tirana is a modern city with both classic and modern buildings

Tirana has a modern mall with the best shops from US and Europe



There are many cafes like this in Tirana

I am discussing training materials with a university professor

1 comment:

  1. Looks just like Boston! And you look very professional discussing your training materials.

    ReplyDelete